Sunday, October 5, 2008

Spot Light (a story by me)

My hands were shaking and my eyes were wandering around nervously. I knew I was next, I knew my time was just seconds away. Sweat poured from my head. As I looked around I saw no one acting the same way. My name was called, so I carefully got up from my seat and started walking slowly, taking small steps. While trying to hold back my lunch, the loud voice spoke again, calling my name angrily.
As I walked into the lifeless but terrifying room and sat in an uncomfortably hard chair, my right leg began to tap rapidly. Once the principle turned around in his throne like chair I began to stutter. “I, I, I, I didn’t mean to do anything bad” I spoke innocently “I just, well, he made me mad and I through the mashed potatoes and hit him where it hurts. It’s not like I wanted to start a food-fight”. But the principle just sat there and glared. I was in the spotlight.
I decide my only hope was to run. I ran out the door of the principles office and headed down the hallway, finally sprinting out the door to get of campus. I kept running until I hit something, a tree maybe, and everything went dark. Dark as a night with no moon or stars not even city-lights.

No comments: