Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hey Mr. Lizard (a true story by me!)

My mom was hunched over in the closet trying to find something. I walked past her and stopped dead in my tracks. I thought some little thing ran out of my brother’s room! I spotted the little guy up against the wall. In an instant I recognized what it was. I spoke quietly saying, “Mom, there is a lizard in the house.” My mom, still in the closet, didn’t seem to care. She said, “Okay I’ll take care of it in a second.” My voice became louder as I said, “Mom there is a lizard in the house!” “What do you mean” was her response. I said again, “There is a lizard in the house and it’s alive and breathing!” Mom finally came out of the closet. I pointed at the little tan colored guy hidden in the carpet. She spotted it and off he ran! “Ahhhh” My mom screamed! Her scream was like a bloody murder scream, though it was just a lizard. I didn’t see him take off so, not knowing why my mom was screaming, I screamed. Finally, when we stopped I asked “Why’d you scream” I was out of breath and my heart was pounding. “He’s, he’s in the laundry room” she told me. She was still wide eyed and scared. We walked out of the hallway and tip-toed through the laundry room to the garage. My dad heard us screaming, so once we got there he asked, “What’s going on?” We told him about our little friend. He walked back inside and we followed. We worried thinking about the lizards color realizing it was the same color as a scorpion. So, after moving the oh, so heavy washer and very heavy dryer, we spotted him. There he was eyeballing us like we were the problem. We couldn’t catch him so we moved the appliances back to their original places and decided to let him be. Hopefully he would just leave and we wouldn’t have to worry about him.
That night, I couldn’t sleep and kept feeling things run over my feet. Luckily I just forgot about it and fell asleep.
I wonder if he ever did leave and if he’s still alive. I hope so. Now, when I see lizards the same color I wonder if it’s him.

No comments: